Car Rental in Barbados
Explore the wonders of Barbados with us & enjoy your freedom at your own pace.
Exceptional Rental Service
Drive Barbados is a family-owned company that offers wide range of vehicles for hire at most competitive rates anywhere in Barbados.
You can choose to rent a mini Moke, Jimny soft top, economy compact sedans or 7 seater van for the whole family for short or long term car rentals in Barbados.
Exceptional? Yes. Personalised? Absolutely.
We offer free pick-up and drop-off to meet arriving clients at the airport locations, or deliver vehicles to hotels, villas, guest houses anywhere throughout the island. In addition, we provide friendly advice, maps of the island, and even directions to your chosen destination.
Choose Drive Barbados when you want to rent a car in Barbados and take advantage of our unlimited time and mileage, affordable hire rates as well as 17/7 hour roadside assistance (no 24 hours) Emergency Hours are between 6 am – 11 pm.
When looking for fleet of clean & well-maintained later model rental vehicles in Barbados, we’re here to help.
Looking for Car rentals in Bridgetown Grantley Adams International Airport?
Below you’ll find the right hire vehicle according to your requirements.
Choose car type
Our Valued Customer Reviews for Drive Barbados Car Rentals
You too will be pleased by our exceptional car rental service.
My Barbados honeymoon: Take Two! Don’t hire a car when you arrive, exhausted, at the airport.Get drivebarbados.com to deliver an air-conditioned hatchback to your hotel for less than the price of an old banger in Europe.
Bajan dollar (BBD)
Left Side like you would in the UK.
- Plan ahead of your travel, ensuring that car rental requirements are sorted before you arrive at Bridgetown Grantley Adams International Airport will get you to your destination on time and hassle free.
- We encourage all our valued clients who plan to visit Barbados for a while, take advantage of discounted rates for 1 week or 1 month long term car rentals by Drive Barbados.
- For long drives towards North and East of the island, or for coastal drive around Barbados, fill up on fuel before heading out sightseeing.
- What are the speed limits for driving in Barbados roads?
80 km/hr. Or 50 miles/hour on main highways
60 km/hr. Or 37 miles/hour in rural areas
40 km/hr. Or 20 miles/hour in City areas
- Traffic rush hour on weekdays is from 6:30 to 8:30 am and from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Always give way to vehicles approaching from the right of you at a roundabout
- Using a mobile phone whilest driving is strictly prohibited in Barbados.
- Last thing you would want is to get a parking fine. Look for the “P” sign when parking, or find a parking lot such as City Center Car Park at Bridgetown, Saint Michael (other major cities in Barbados (Speightstown Saint Peter, Oistins Christ Church, Bathsheba Saint Joseph) also have parking lots)).
- Seat Belts are required to be worn while driving in Barbados, both the driver and passengers. A child under 5 years of age will need a child seat when in a vehicle. Your trusted vehicle rental company Drive Barbados offers Child Car Seat Rentals in Barbados.
The price of unleaded (95 octanes) is around $1.50, with diesel a being little cheaper. You’ll find many petrol stations on the west and south coasts of the island.
The price of unleaded 95 octanes is around $1.50, with diesel a little cheaper. You’ll find many petrol stations on the west and south coasts, where the island is only 21 miles long.
There are three different fuel options for car rentals in Barbados.
- Customers may purchase a full tank of petrol at delivery and can be returned empty.
- Vehicles generally returned with a full gas tank, accompanied by the receipt, which testifies to fill the vehicle with fuel. Suppose you don’t deliver the automobile with a full tank. In that case, you’ll have to pay for its refilling, along with a US$12.50 fee administration charge.
- Another option is to pay a fixed price of US$30.00 on delivery for a quarter tank and return the rental empty. Talk with the rental car company about your choice before booking.
Petrol stations are plentiful in and around Bridgetown, along the main highways of the West and South Coasts, and in most small country towns in Barbados.
Most petrol stations are open round the clock and every day.
FAQs about Car Rentals in Barbados
Below are the most common questions and answers we get asked by our valued customers.
Simple truth about Barbados is the fact “there is so much to see and do here on the island”. What better way to enjoy your holiday at your own pace and in one of our affordable rental vehicles.
Yes of course. All you need is few essentials just as you would hire a vehicle in your country of residence.
We strongly advice all our valued customers to arrange their car rental requirements before arriving at the Barbados airport (Grantley Adams International (BGI)).
Main reason for arranging your hire before you arrive is the fact, car leasing inside the airport itself is always more expensive, especially when you take in to account airport service fees and taxes. Avoid the unnecessary costs, choose Drive Barbados car rentals.
Upon arriving at the Bridgetown Grantley Adams International Airport, the passengers must first exit the arrival hall and the luggage area. Turn left. You’ll see car rental companies on each counter. Most of the brands that operate here are internationally known car rental companies with rental cars waiting near the rental cars centre. Alternately, you could make use of a car rental company (such as Drive Barbados) that allows you to rent a car outside the airport terminal that can offer vehicles at much cheaper rates, as well as provide you with a personalized service.
On average, car rental rate of an economy hatchback (US$) • $99 a day, $320 every week ($46 a day), $1153 every month ($43 a day)
The most booked car type is the Economy hatchback (Hyundai I10 or similar). The most booked SUV type is soft top Jimny jeep.
All major credit cards (Visa and Mastercard etc.) can be used to rent a car at Grantley Adams International Airport.
Unfortunately, most rental car agents in Bridgetown Airport do not accept cash as payment method.
Barbados is one of the Gems of the Caribbean. Being a popular tourist destination, picture-perfect-paradise, visitors come here to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy their holiday. Accordingly, it is a safe place for driving. Having said this, driving a motor vehicle demands your effort and vigilance as a road user to avoid undesired incidents or accidents.
More Reasons to Choose Drive Barbados rent a car
Car Rental Deal
Full Value with your rentals
Most Popular car rental
locations in Barbados
(Note: we provide one-way car rentals without additional cost)
Near Barbados Airport locations we serve
The Villages at Coverley, Barbados.
Car Rental Location Details for Bridgetown Grantley Adams Intl. (BGI)
Grantley Adams Intl Airport, located in Seawell, Christ Church.
9 AM– 6 PM Daily
Free pick-up service available at this location. To schedule a pick-up time, simply call our rental office.
This location allows you to return your rented vehicle after hours. Please do arrange for late returns during business hours.
Airport pick-up service is also available.
Directions from the Terminal
Once arriving customers exit customs and the baggage claim area, one of Drive Barbados rent a car representatives will meet you at the airport arrivals hall.
We are proud to be able to provide a personalised and hassle free car hire service for all our valued customers visiting our island ‘Barbados’.
Drivers must carry an International drivers permit of the customer’s country of residence, along with a current government-mandated visitor’s permit which must be presented at the time of vehicle hire.
Elderly citizens 70+ years of age or over, must obtain a medical certificate from a local medical doctor.
Valid Passport, in addition, authorization amount on the major credit card for 500 USD and a credit card with available credit to the full cost of the hire must be presented at the time of pick-up.
Dependent upon the renter’s selection of protection products such as insurance, collision coverage.
Authorization amount is required in case of any unfortunate event such as damage to the vehicle, traffic fines incurred, or late charges according to hire terms.