Car rental deals Barbados
Book your ideal car rental in Barbados and take advantage of our special offers!
Car rental specials barbados
Enjoy your holiday in Barbados without worrying about the car rental, with our great offers and discounts.
We know that budgeting for travel is always challenging, so we’re always happy to offer great rates so you can save as much as possible. In addition, our rental cars are of later models, well maintained, and you’ll always find a deal to save.
Book now with Drive Barbados and enjoy our special deals on rental cars, from low price guarantees to free miles, 17/7 hour support, and more!
Book your ideal Car in Barbados to take advantage of our special offers while it last!
Most popular rental car type in Barbados
Lets find the right hire vehicle for you.
Choose car type.
Bajan dollar (BBD)
Left Side like you would in the UK.
Our rental car deals
The following are some of our current discount rentals, focusing on long-term rentals of 8 weeks or more.
Pay Cash & Save
On Your Next Rental Car
Enjoy a further 5% discount by paying CASH for your next rental upon arrival.
Rental Car added extras
No additional charges with your already low discount rental car rates.
- Unlimited mileage with a road map
- Drivers Permit
- Quarter tank of gas
- Additional driver included
Senior Citizen Discounts (50+)
Additional 10% off – along with our existing discounts, extras
Discount for College Students
10 – 20 % off economy and compact cars (depends on the length of rental duration)
Weekly rental car Offers
Rent 5 days or more and get 10% off on the base rate ( during the months of [May – October])
- Renting a car from a rental company at Bridgetown Grantley Adams International Airport lets you visit islands POIs without worrying about frequent stops for passenger pick-up.
- Book your rental vehicle at Bridgetown Grantley Adams Intl at least 1 week or 1 month for long-term car rentals before your trip to get a below-average price and to have secure confirmation
- Before going to the islands north and east, fill up on gas.
- Avoid driving during weekday rush hours, from 6:30 to 8:30 am and from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Using a mobile phone, headset or earpiece while driving is prohibited, except for hands-free devices.
- Avoid illegally parking in the central city. Use only areas with a “P” sign or a parking lot, such as the central City Car Park Centre.
- Both drivers and passengers should wear seatbelts. A child under five will need a child seat, which is available through your car rental company.
- Always give way to vehicles approaching from your right at a roundabout.
- Speed limits vary on different roadways,
80 km/hr. Or 50 miles/hour on main highways
60 km/hr. Or 37 miles/hour in rural areas
40 km/hr. Or 20 miles/hour in City areas
Watch out for speed limit signs to ensure you aren’t driving the speed limit in areas that are exceptions to the general rules.
FAQs about rental cars in Barbados
Answers to our most common questions about the types of car rental
The Caribbean island of Barbados offers excellent places to explore. Despite being small, the island is accessible by car. It harbours a spectacular coastline, remarkably varied cultural heritage, and protected natural areas.
- You only need a credit or debit card to book your car.
- Your reservation summary shows that you’ve paid for the car.
- The main driver’s credit/debit card, with enough available funds for the car’s deposit.
- Each driver’s full, valid driving licence from their country of origin, which they’ve held for at least 24 months.
- Your passport and driver’s license ID
Besides the international permit, you’ll need a valid driver’s license and a credit or debit card under your name to rent a car at Bridgetown Airport.
On average car rental rate of an economy hatchback (US$) • $99 a day, $320 every week ($46 a day), $1153 every month ($43 a day)
The economy hatchback ( Chevrolet spark or similar) is the most booked car type. The most booked SUV type is the soft-top Jimny jeep.
One of the best things about planning your vacation is the safe, scenic place with sightseeing opportunities for both young and old visitors, with friendly locals and a clean ocean breeze always near.
The island is safe to drive around; it demands your effort and vigilance as a road user to avoid undesired incidents and accidents.
Unfortunately, most rental car agent in Bridgetown Grantley Adams, does not accept cash. Instead, you must possess a bank card that will allow enough credit to pay your hire quote. Visa and Mastercard are among the major accepted cards. Additionally, authorization is needed for rental car at Bridgetown Grantley Adams if a customer wants additional services such as security or insurance.
Barbados’ car rentals cost varies by year. Compare prices month to month to find the best deal. The most affordable month for renting cars in Barbados is July — prices begin with US$ 40 for an Economy class car. This is 47% cheaper than the monthly average and 59% cheaper than renting cars in December.
You should generally find the best prices by selecting an off-site airport location. Airport rental car agencies offer a convenient option for renters who want to pick up a car directly from the airport. However, prices are usually higher as demand gets higher. Some off-site rental agencies offer transport services from the airport.
Rentals also price cars with unusual pricing methods in some situations. Additional fees and taxes make car rentals more expensive at the airport, and your bills will soon become too high. However, you can spend less on off-airport locations.
In Barbados, drivers must typically be at least 21. However, some rental car companies allow drivers as young as 18 years old to rent a car. But some rental agencies might require drivers to be at least 25. Remember that most agencies add daily fees for renters below 25 years old.
One-way car rentals are suitable for:
Cheap car hire deal
- No additional charges apply
- Save up to 25-50% OFF
- Highly recommended by our customers
Full Value with your rentals
- additional driver
- 1/4 tank of fuel
- A Child seat (accessible for over One-month car rentals).
- Visitors drivers licence (valid licence for two months)
* All above are at no additional charge to you
Map of Car Rental Locations in Barbados
Top destinations to rent a car
Take advantage of one-way car rentals at various pickup and drop-off locations on the island, and get more control over your journey.
- Capital City Bridgetown car rentals
- Saint Lawrence Gap, south coast, car rentals
- Oistins car rentals
- Speightstown car rentals
- Hastings car rentals
- Holetown car rentals
- Worthing car rentals
Popular airport car rental locations in barbados:
Bridgetown Grantley Adams Intl. Airport (GAIA )
Location: Airport Access Road, Seawell, Christ Church Barbados
Near Barbados Grantley Adams Intl Airport locations we serve
The Villages At Coverley
Airport Pick-up Service Available