Car Rental Terms and Conditions Barbados
We sincerely thank you for choosing our family-owned and operated car hire company in Barbados.
To provide you with excellent professional service, in this document, we’ll outline the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement.
The Drive Barbados rental terms are binding and are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated in the Barbados insurance coverage laws and regulations.
The company’s small fleet of clean and well-maintained vehicles.
Car Rental Requirements
One of our representatives will await your arrival hall at the Airport. An agent will hold a sign with the customer’s name when exiting the arrival hall.
All hirers should present the following documentation required with the rental:
- An original Valid Driver’s Licence from your country. (NO COPY)
- Renter must be over the minimum age of 21 and up to a maximum of 80 years of age. Drivers over 70+ will need a local doctor’s medical certificate.
- Renter must have a clean driving record and a valid driving licence for at least 2 years.
Drive Barbados reserves the right to refuse any rental request if the driver fails to satisfy the minimum rental terms on the declaration form.
A daily fee of US $3.50 per day (the maximum US $50) is charged per additional driver.
(Please remember that the renter’s spouse will NOT be charged this additional drivers charge).
Credit Card Payment Methods
We accept payment through major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Chip Card and Discover Credit cards.
We also accept cash payments in Sterling Pounds and US dollars.
Rates and charges
- Because our vehicle hire rates are determined by the forces of supply and demand and prevailing market conditions, our rates may vary depending on the season.
- The quoted rates are guaranteed at the time of publication, subject to availability.
- Our vehicle hire works on a 24-hour day circle (considered a one-day rental). A hired vehicle at 9 am for a day should be returned the following day by 9 am. Extra fees will be charged for being returned late.
- All our rates are inclusive of unlimited mileage.
- Full payment for your hire is due on the day of delivery.
- Early return of an agreed weekly rental converts the rental charge to the daily rate.
- The prices we quoted are what you pay on delivery – no hidden cost!
Extending rental period
Rental period extension requests must be made at least 24 hours before the return date. Note that extensions are subject to availability and are not guaranteed in all cases.
Late Return Fees Are As Follows:
- 1 hour or less: US $10
- 1 – 3 hours: US $25
- Anytime after 3 hours: a day rental
We encourage all our valued clients to notify us as soon as possible when they intend to cancel an agreed reservation.
Suppose the client fails to show up to pick up the vehicle within 24 hours and has not notified us of any delivery detail changes.
In that case, the reservation status will be updated to ‘No Show’, and thus you will incur the total rental fee as arranged in the event of ‘No Show’.
We deliver our hire cars with a quarter tank of fuel at the delivery time, but clients can return the vehicle with an empty tank.
There is no refund for gas at the end of the rental period.
A client may also prepay for a full tank of petrol on delivery and return the vehicle as empty. Service charges will apply.
All our vehicles are covered by third-party liability risk only. The renter is liable for vehicle caused by accident or loss during the hire of the vehicle for US $500.
A full repayment will be delivered for the safe return of a rental vehicle.
Our agents inspect returned vehicles to ensure they are in the same conditions delivered.
A signed credit/debit card imprint for the deductible/security deposit of US $500 for the accident is necessary to hire the vehicle.
Tyre & Rims damage
Drive Barbados will repair a flat tyre at no charge. Still, the replacement cost will be the client’s responsibility if the rim or tire is damaged beyond repair. However, all our vehicle tyres are delivered in good condition.
Therefore, we kindly encourage our clients to carefully examine car tyres when picking the car up for rent. Charges may apply for roadside assistance.
Damage/ Loss keys :
The client will be responsible for the replacement of any lost or damaged keys and fobs.
Drive Barbados does not charge any delivery or pickup fees for services offered during operation hours (between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm). However, delivery and pickup outside office hours will attract a US $30 delivery fee.
The pickup and delivery included to or from the Airport and villa.
Does your flight get delayed? For example, if you arrive after 11:00 pm, please call our office on (246) 6240702 the following day at 9:00 am to reschedule your delivery.
Return the vehicle to the main car park of the Airport. And the key and parking ticket will be explained to you on arrival.
Please Note: For Cruise Port Deliveries.
Due to our small fleet of vehicles, we cannot offer any one (1) day rentals. However, on request, we can recommend a taxi/tour operator to take you around the island.
Please contact Richard @ (246 )– 268 – 3400 / 246 – 245 – 5747 on cell /WhatsApp or Troy @ (246) – 822 – 6701 on cell/WhatsApp
We provide and implement no smoking for all vehicles in the fleet.
Equipment cost for hire
- Children below the age of five are required to travel in child seats. There is a charge of US$ 5.00 per day.
- GPS Units are also available for rental – $5 US per day. There is a $200 US charge if the Garmin GPS is damaged or not returned at the end of the rental period.
- Damage Keys: The client will be responsible for replacing any lost or damaged keys and key fobs.
We ask that you take care of our vehicles during your rental period.
A cleaning fee of US $150 may be charged in the event of a return of a vehicle with a filthy, stained, wet interior or a vehicle is returned smelling of smoke from any source.
The use of the vehicle is restricted for
- The harm or damage was caused intentionally.
- An unauthorized driver driving the car.
- The damage or loss occurred because the driver was influenced by alcohol or drugs.
- Use the vehicle for hire or benefit.
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose.
- Use the vehicle for racing or driving tuition.
- Exceed the number of passengers permitted in the vehicle or for which the vehicle is designed.
Drive Barbados will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of any items left in or on-hire vehicles.
Although our island is a safe place to holiday. We encourage all our valued customers to be vigilant and take precautions to keep their personal property safe and secure.
Thank you for taking the time to read this Terms & Conditions of Rental Agreement.
We are looking forward to serving you with exceptional vehicle hire services in Barbados.
If you have any questions or require additional clarifications, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
FAQ about rental vehicle terms in Barbados
In case of a car accident, the victim cannot accept responsibility. So you must have a list of the people involved, even witnesses.
You can do so by: You must complete an accident report with the car rentals insurance company to the addresses specified in the rental agreement.
Car rentals agreement typically provide the details. Details about each party involved. Describe the cars you rent. Duration of a given contract. A disclosure report on the ODO meter. Vehicle check of the rental vehicle.
Most rental car websites contain some reasons to deny an application for rental. Reasons for rejecting customers include If you have a DUI on your record. In addition, you might be rejected for operating a vehicle without a license, unpaid parking tickets, or recent vehicle accidents on your record.
Generally, damage to leased cars is covered under a damage waiver. However, it is an optional protection item available on a rental vehicle.
Yeah. You have a right to return a car early, but you have to pay back any refunds if it is not returned in time. Renting vehicles companies will charge an early return fee if you return the vehicle early.
In addition to primary rental vehicles, car rental companies typically have other items like insurance, GPS navigation, entertainment devices, mobile phones, mobile WiFi and children’s safety seating.
The disadvantage of a Vehicle Rental is :
- Higher price. In fact, hire prices are more expensive than those of public transport.
- Strict terms. Car rental companies typically have strict terms. They require that you return the vehicle in an acceptable condition and with no damages incurred. Fines and charges will be imposed for traffic violations,
- Extra charges. Rental agencies may sometimes have hidden fees and additional costs.
- Limitations. You need to have a local license before you can drive. This includes an international driving permits and the legal driving age.
Rental Cars in Barbados are priced between $65 and $280 per week (40 USD per day).
The worst-case scenario.
- Third-Party Liability. Damaging a victim in an incident.
- Theft if tenants are careless.
- Personal Accident
- Personal Effects Loss
- Fuel policy explains how much fuel is required for a rental car during pickups and drop-offs. Examples of terms are Full to Full, Empty and Same to Same.
- Full to Full means that you have to return your vehicle with a full tank
- Full to Empty fuel terms, you return your vehicle with an empty fuel tank.