One-way Car Rental Barbados
We make car rentals easy, convenient, and a great price to meet your transportation needs in Barbados
Start a Quote
* Required field
Kia Moke convertible or similar
Hyundai I10 Hatchback or similar
Toyota Corolla Sedan or similar
7 Seat Minivan
Toyota Noah Liteace or similar
Suzuki Jeep (Soft Top) or similar
Visitors drivers permit :
Infant/child/booster safety seat
See More with a Barbados Rental Car
The one-way rental car in Barbados allows you to hire a car in one car rental locations and return it to another location with no drop-off charges, hassles or problems.
A Barbados rental car can make getting from and to the airport easy. Rent a car to Bridgetown and see Mount Gay Rum Distillery, Botanical gardens, the Harrison’s Cave formation, and many other tourist attractions.
For the more adventurous traveller, park your rental car and try surfing on the East Coast’s Soup Bowl or take a submarine tour.
Car Rentals in Barbados: Jewel of the Caribbean
Barbados is a gem of the Caribbean. The island provides more than the best beaches, including the capital, Bridgeport’s World UNESCO heritage site.
Explore this beautiful island with your vehicle and make your visit as comfortable.
Book now, pay later: lock in great deals today, then pay when you collect the car.
Cheap rental cars deals in Barbados
Drive Barbados rent a car is the perfect option if you’re searching for convenient, reliable and affordable rental cars in Barbados!
Our customer's reviews for our one-way car rental service
One-way car rentals are suitable for:
Our various pickup locations are free of charge
Save on taxi fare
Don’t have a ride into the city or to your destination.
Unplanned trip changes
Relocate to another hotel or take a cab to the airport.
Airline delays or cancelled flights
Last-minute Travel Changes. You’ll need a car to get back home.
Flexibility + Saving time
avoid the need to drop off the car at your final destination.
Service package includes the following free of charge:
FAQs for one way Barbados car rentals
A car rental fee can include one-way fees, pickup and drop-off prices, and taxes. In addition, fees may apply when you drop off your car at the end of the rental at less than 48 hours’ notice. The cost covers taking the car back to its original location or if you decide to check out a vehicle after regular hours.
One-way rentals are great because you don’t have to worry about returning to the exact location. Instead, you simply drive to the designated facility and drop it off.
The difference between these two services is that you return your car to the exact location with a round trip. With a one-way car rental, you return your rental car to a different location
One-way rentals will typically cost you USD 25 to USD 35, depending on the type of cars, days to rent them, and the car rental locations.
The cheapest rental car in Barbados is Hyundai I10 ($59 per day).
Renting a car in Barbados is a must to explore and around the city entirely. A rental car lets you travel to the island’s most remote and scenic areas. You can choose to go along with the crowd or blaze your trail. By renting a car in Barbados, you can freely travel about the country and visit destinations at your own pace.
Map of Car Rental Locations in Barbados
Top destinations to rent a car
Take advantage of one-way car rentals at various pickup and drop-off locations on the island, and get more control over your journey.
- Capital City Bridgetown car rentals
- Saint Lawrence Gap, south coast, car rentals
- Oistins car rentals
- Speightstown car rentals
- Hastings car rentals
- Holetown car rentals
- Worthing car rentals
Popular airport car rental locations in barbados:
Bridgetown Grantley Adams Intl. Airport (GAIA )
Location: Airport Access Road, Seawell, Christ Church Barbados
Near Barbados Grantley Adams Intl Airport locations we serve
The Villages At Coverley
Airport Pick-up Service Available
from the Terminal
Meeting point: Terminal Customers will exit of Arrivals Hall at Grantley Adams
- Carry a valid driver’s license from your country of origin. ( NO international driver’s permit is required ).
- Children age five are required to use a child seat.
- The letter P designates accessible parking areas within Bridgetown. On most roads, you’re free to park outside of city limits. Make sure to always use well-lit areas for parking and safety.
- Cars in Barbados drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Wearing seat belts are required by law (for both drivers and passengers)
- Suppose you rent a car in Barbados. Avoid rush-hour traffic on the island heading towards Bridgetown (the capital) during morning hours and returning in the afternoon. It’s crucial when you are on the road or have appointments.
- When approaching roundabouts, give way to vehicles on the right, so exercise caution when you navigate them.
- Despite its small size, driving is not unusual to find oneself lost when driving on an island like Barbados. For first-time visitors, it is especially true. Renting a GPS is a good investment, or downloading Google Maps maps on your phone.
- Consider taking a taxi for Barbados car rentals locations outside the airport, as prices usually include a kiosk fee.
- Speed Limits:
Barbados’ speed limits vary from various points along minor roads to highways in Barbados, so pay attention to the speed limit signs.
Traffic can be unpredictable, so take precautions!
City areas 40 km/h (25 mph)
Rural areas 60 km/h (37 mph)
ABC Highway/Spring Garden Highway 80 km/h (50 mph)
Barbados Rental Car Age Requirements
Meet the Minimum Age of 21. Some rental agencies require two to five years of driving experience. Car rentals age requirements can differ by the supplier.
The primary supplier will charge an extra fee for renting cars under 25. The surcharge is between $15 and $25 a day.
If you are over 70, you will require a medical certificate showing you are fit to drive.
Driving in Barbados
Roads are generally narrow; be alert as you drive and anticipate sharp turns and steep drops in shoulder areas. There are no sidewalks in this area, be careful when you travel on foot.