Free Additional Driver
Car Rental Barbados
Let us find a range of well-maintained vehicles & affordable car rentals online
Rental Cars in Barbados from Drive Barbados Rent a Car
Share the driving experience with your spouse, partner, friend or group travelling together with our additional driver option.
We sincerely believe that exploring Barbados should be an enjoyable and cherished experience.
As a result, all Drive Barbados vehicle rentals can include an additional driver without the additional cost to our valued clients.
Cheap rental cars deals in
Bridgetown Grantley Adams Airport
Renting a car in Barbados will help with the exploration of the city. Barbados has many attractions to explore.
Rent a car allows you to travel anywhere in town or nearby attractions outside Bridgetown.
We provide affordable later model vehicles such as Moke convertibles, family-friendly seven-seater minivans and fun Jimny soft-top models.
In addition, our search engine helps customers find the lowest prices for most cars through our website.
Please Note: Images shown are for illustrative purposes only. Specific rental car models may vary in availability and features such as passenger seating, luggage capacity, mileage and equipment.
Additional fees may be charged for other services, including (GPS, infant car seats, etc.). The prices we quote are the prices you’ll pay on delivery – no surprises
Drive Barbados rent a car reviews
7 years ago
We have been using Drive Barbados for the last 4 years. We have been coming to Barbados for the last 20 years, so we have tried several other car rental firms. We are so happy to have found Drive Barbados, none of the other car rental firms can beat them – not on price, or on the personal and efficient service given. We see no reason to use anyone else. We have recommended Drive Barbados warmly to others in our family.
FAQs about rental cars in Barbados
Renters, spouses or domestic partners are licensed to drive with no additional driver charges. All authorized motorists must present themselves at the rental location to meet age and may drive the rental car included in the lease agreement.
Upon arrival in Barbados, you need an approved local permit to travel about the country and visit destinations at your own pace. A driver’s license is obtained from the Barbados License Authority offices or most car rental agencies.
You can add a second driver directly at the time of booking or at a later stage, but this will need to be arranged with the rental car company first. The extra hirer must be present to sign the rental agreement form.
All motorists must be identified to the rental company at the time of rental.
Suppose you allow another motorist who was not reported at the time of rental. In that case, you will have violated the terms of your rental contract. As a result, the rental car companies will void any Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)/LDW you bought and may deny liability coverage.
If you want to rent a car for someone else, then the primary renter needs to present their credit card with their name to pick up the vehicle to be identified.
The minimum age to rent a vehicle from Drive Barbados is 21 years. You should have at least 2 years of driving experience. However, renter’s rent costs are capped for those under 25. In addition, a young driver surcharge is included in the hire price to cover expenses of possible damages. Drivers older than 70 need a medical certificate from a local practitioner.
To get rented vehicles in Barbados, a valid driver’s license of a national origin driver will be needed. It’s required mainly for the majority of rental companies. However, some may require transferring cash rather than using your card.
Roadside assistance is often time-limited and entails essential roadside emergency services such as vehicular breakdown, tire change, or jump start. Rental car insurance will protect costs incurred due to theft, accidents, or delays.
Drive Barbados accepts debit and credit card Visa, MasterCard, Discover card and AMEX.
Rental car benefits with added hirer
Map of car rental locations in Barbados
Find car rentals deals in Bridgetown – Grantley Adams Airports pick-up locations will make your trip more manageable if your flight arrives.
However, the downtown location offers a good choice. Its location provides convenient access to the major city’s attractions, hotels, guest houses and an essential region of Grantley Adams Airport.
In addition, you choose transportation, such as the bus or taxi.
Popular car rental locations in Barbados
Popular airport car rental locations in barbados:
Bridgetown Grantley Adams Intl. Airport (GAIA )
Location: Airport Access Road, Seawell, Christ Church Barbados
Near Barbados Grantley Adams Intl Airport locations we serve
The Villages At Coverley
Airport Pick-up Service Available
- Carry a valid driver’s license from your country of origin. ( NO international driver’s permit is required ). You can get a mandatory visitor’s permit to drive in Barbados. Also, make sure you have a valid credit card.
- Parking areas marked as P within Bridgetown (within city limits). Make sure you park in well-lit areas for safety
- Suppose you decide to rent a car in Barbados. Avoid rush-hour traffic on the island heading towards Bridgetown (the capital) during morning session and returning in the afternoon. It’s crucial when you intend to be on the road or have appointments
- Most of Barbados’s roads are one lane in either direction. Many country streets are poorly lit at night, so be careful when travelling
- Wearing seat belts are required by law (for both drivers and passengers)
- Despite its small size, driving is not unusual to find oneself lost when driving on an island like Barbados. Renting a GPS is a good investment, or downloading Google Maps on your phone.
- Consider taking a taxi for Barbados car rentals outside the airport, as prices usually include a kiosk fee.
- Observe points on Barbados’ roads with varying speed limits! Traffic can be unpredictable, so take precautions!
City areas 40 km/h (25 mph)
Rural areas 60 km/h (37 mph)
ABC Highway/Spring Garden Highway 80 km/h (50 mph)
Top tourist attractions in Barbados
Car Rental Deals
Grantley Adams International Airport is the main airport in to Barbados. Bridgetown Airport offers many attractions for visitors, and Drive Barbados offers unbeatable rates for car rentals.
You might also find interest in
All additional drivers must:
- Meet age requirements
- Be present with the primary renter at the pick-up location.
- Present a valid driver’s license for the entire rental period
- Contact us and reserve your vehicle hire in Barbados in advance. If the extra driver meets the standard car hire requirements, we’ll happily add them to your car rental agreement at no extra cost.